Feb 18, 2008

V-Day is always craptacular

I always find my Valentine’s Day totally void of romanticism like some kind of cruel universal amusement, but I have a particular additional reason to loathe the 'celebrations.'This years V-day was no exception, with my only possible Romeo in another country *POUT*

My birthday is two days before Valentine's Day, which means invariably anywhere I want to go is either booked out or chocked to the rafters with doe-eyed lovers who either staring dreamily into each others eyes or practically undressing each other.
This birthday was no exception, my girlfriends and I went to an Italian place in the Piazza and were shoved in a table upstairs with a few couples and a family merrily ignoring thier screaming kids so they could have a romantic meal on a night that wasn't a school night.
This wasn't too bad, after consumption of a few cocktails and a majority of a bottle of Merlot (2006 was a good year lol) all the background noise melted away and we had fun.

Possibly my worst ever Valentine's Day was on my 16th birthday. My best friend and her parents decided that we would go up to The Entrance and stay for the weekend. The day was a stinking hot one, lovely beach weather and we all ate a lovely picnic and swam about.
As the sun started to set we had fish and chips then decided to scamp off to find lodgings...
HAHA I think not! EVERY single motel, hotel, caravan park or camping site was totally booked out. So we, along with a dozen other cars parked on the side of the road for a blisteringly hot night sleeping in the car.
Super fun.

As an update, I am still having no sexy sex. Its all very boring and annoying in the way where you want to count how many days it has been since one last had sex... but I am persevering in my sex embargo.